Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabulous Find Friday

I love finding new things!  This weeks Faboulous Find is Near East's Quinoa Blend.  Im really trying hard to make a lifestyle change where Im cutting out white rice/bread for whole grains and healthier options.  Quinoa has been something I've wanted to try for awhile.  I came across this blend that contains brown rice and a mix of quinoa.  This was great!  I have long been a fan of the Near East Couscous and this new product did not disappoint.  Since I made a stirfry I omitted the Rosemary & Olive Oil flavor packet that this came with.  Instead I substituted water with low sodium chicken broth and it was WONDERFUL!  Had a great nutty flavor and wasn't so hard and chewy like I hear quinoa can be.




I found that I did not need as much as I would normally eat with rice.  It serves 2 but I stretched it out to 4 servings and it was more than enough.  I portioned it all out and topped it with  some stir fry.  The quinoa tasted just as great after being frozen!




No comments:

Post a Comment